Omo Valley FAQ & answers for South Ethiopia cultural tour which is one of the best cultural tours in Africa & the world. There are over 16 distinct tribes in the region having their own unique cultural practices, languages, and lifestyle. Both Mago and Omo National parks co-exist in this amazing region of Southern Ethiopia. Omo Valley Travel is originally from this amazing region and outstretched its service beyond Omo River Valleys horizon.
The natural beauty of the area is unsurpassed. The diverseness of the people, the languages, the traditions and the landscape (in a comparatively small area) is unequaled anywhere on this vast continent. The untainted attire and intrinsic majesty of the Omo Valley tribes living in an age-old traditional manner will touch the hearts of all who come here and the images will stain the visitors’ memory long after they return home.
Check out our Omo Valley Ethiopia tours now.
Answers for Omo Valley FAQ
What to pack for the tour is one of the important questions. Not having proper gears can prove troublesome, cause health issues or just simply ruin your mood. So, here is a general idea of what you should bring for Omo Valley Ethiopia Tours.
- A light weight trekking boots. It is not impossible to do this trek in sneakers or trainers. Many people have. Just that you will be walking in snow for some part of the trek and boots offer more safety. If you are a women trekker, check out these best hiking boots for women of 2017.
If you will be trekking this one time only, no need to spend on hiking boots. Just make sure that your shoes are well fitting, light and comfortable.
- A pair of sandals.
- Four pair of socks. Two pair for warm climate and two pair for normal climate. Warm climet socks are better but it is okay if you only have the normal ones.
- Few pairs of underwear. There are trekking underwear that you could buy in home. They are good for other outdoor activities as well. Normal ones can be bought in Nepal.
- Malaria prevention pills for the required Time before the trip. You can buy the recommended pill at home and start taking it for the required time before the trip.
- T-shirts and shorts keeping in mind quite warm temperature you will be in the Great Rift Valley most of the time.
- A light sleeping bag if camping. This can be bought or rented in Nepal too.
- A trekking pole if it involves trekking. Though relatively easy, there are many ups and downs in this trek and a trekking pole can assist you. Else, you could find a sturdy stick en route and use it to support yourself.
- Mosquito Replant. it can be of any kind as long as it is effective.
- A woolen hat
- A torchlight or a head torchlight
- A First aid kit including Diamox and Oral Rehydration Salts (ORS)
- Toiletries– Toilet paper, hand sanitizer, water purifiers, sunscreen, moisturizer, toothpaste and toothbrush.
- A waterproof map of Omo Valley Ethiopia
- Snacks you like and entertainment such as books, cards, an iPad etc.
If you are unsure of what equipment to buy in Ethiopia and what to bring from home, this article will help you decide whether to buy touring equipment at home or in Ethiopia.
Some Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some of the frequently asked questions answered to provide a clearer picture on Omo Valley Ethiopia Tours
1) How fit do I need to be to do this tour?
Omo Valley Ethiopia Tour is a Grade B or a moderately difficult touring route. So any fit person can do this tour, even if you do not have any previous experience. You should be aware of what to expect and mentally prepare for it. Then, as long as you will to, you can.
2) How long do we drive every day when doing Omo Valley FAQ?
On average, you drive about 4 to 6 hours per day. One or two days can be as less as 3hrs and one or two days can be as long as 7hrs.
3) What is the highest altitude reached in this trek?
The highest altitude reached is 2400m. This is the elevation of Dorze Village near Arba Minch. Key Afer is the highest of Lower Omo we will climb in this tour.
4) What about battery charging and hot shower facilities is the other Omo Valley FAQ?
Yes, you can charge batteries en route. Charger should be brought. There are hot shower facilities in the lodges as well budget commendations. You have to pay certain amount for photography ($0.25-$0.5). Negotiate. Also, hot water facility could be free at lower elevation.
We support community project at Lower Omo!